Purchased new engine block from Speedmaster 79 that was machined and ready to assembled.It took 9 months to get it.
When i have received this block it looked OK. I had my engine builder to assemble this short block. After prepping the oil passages and boring cylinders because they were wrong size, they check decks level and line bore. everything was way off.
Crankshaft thrust bearing journal was machined .100 to the back of the center line,oil passages did not align with main bearings, bearing locks were off. When I tried to contact Speedmaster it took over a month to get reply. Then I got runaround for close to a year. Last December at PRI race show in Indianopolis they had a Booth with display.
I talked to CO from Australia and Rialto Ca. They were showing interest in helping with the problem. Did not hear nothing from them ,so in January I send e-mails and got response that they are still checking in to it. Today February 29th I send another e-mail and got response that they are not going to do anything.
I have saved all the e-mail( over 80 of them) If there is a problem they will give you runaround and will not stand behind any o their product.DO NOT BUY anything from Speedmaster
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Engine Block
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "Ive purchased several tires from best used in the past, as I am a rural mail carrier and go through a lot of tires. In April I purchased a set..."
- "I am the owner of Micks Customs and ive been a Hardknock dealer since 2006. Kelly has ripped me and my customers off many times. Ive even defended him right..."
- "Here just two photos of my main I beam frames on my 2013 Chaparral Signature which we bought in 2014 and is one and a half years old. Had so..."
- "Can't say enough good about everyone at Camping World of Madison. We knew what we wanted and worked with Matt in sales to get it done. He was very helpful..."
- "Couldn't find clean booth to sit at. Had to get server to wipe crumbs up first . Green Bay location appeared run down overall. While chewing on salad I discovered..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "Crook, Money Hungry, Delusional, Crazy and Ill Hearted Dentist. Long Track of Horrible Scam Records Ruthlessly Ripping Numerous Patients for Multiple Tens of Thousands of Dollars. Revoked License and Penalized..."