Speedmaster79 - Will not stand behind their product!! Will give you runaround!!

Purchased new engine block from Speedmaster 79 that was machined and ready to assembled.It took 9 months to get it.

When i have received this block it looked OK. I had my engine builder to assemble this short block. After prepping the oil passages and boring cylinders because they were wrong size, they check decks level and line bore. everything was way off.

Crankshaft thrust bearing journal was machined .100 to the back of the center line,oil passages did not align with main bearings, bearing locks were off. When I tried to contact Speedmaster it took over a month to get reply. Then I got runaround for close to a year. Last December at PRI race show in Indianopolis they had a Booth with display.

I talked to CO from Australia and Rialto Ca. They were showing interest in helping with the problem. Did not hear nothing from them ,so in January I send e-mails and got response that they are still checking in to it. Today February 29th I send another e-mail and got response that they are not going to do anything.

I have saved all the e-mail( over 80 of them) If there is a problem they will give you runaround and will not stand behind any o their product.DO NOT BUY anything from Speedmaster

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.